How to get rid of back acne?
It is important to know the causes of acne to then learn how to get rid of it. Just like acne on the face, back acne may be just genetic or hormonal for you. However, there are other causes to acne as well.
Here are some of the most common ones:
Wearing clothes that are too tight creates pressure on the skin and traps sweat. Sweat clogs the pores, which can lead to back acne.
Stress stimulates the appearance of new pimples on your skin and even rashes in some cases. When we are under stress, our body makes too much cortisol, which is the stress hormone. This contributes to an excessive production of sebum which leads to the appearance of new pimples. Some call them “stress pimples”.
- Eating Habits
There are certain foods that can cause or make acne worse, this can differ from person to person. For example, dairy products can increase the level of insulin produced, which increases the production of hormones, such as sebum.
Pollution in the environment can cause acne when particles of dust and pollution enter the skin. Thus, exposure to the sun contributes to the overproduction of oil, which clogs the pores and prevents the sebum from being removed. The sebum stays in the pores, forming pimples on the skin.
For example, antidepressants can cause side effects that lead to acne.
How to prevent back acne?
Here are a few tips:
• Avoid touching or popping your pimples
• Maintain good hygiene, wash your back after a physical activity to remove perspiration and stay hydrated
• Use a sunscreen high in SPF and avoid excessive sun exposure
• Avoid wearing tight clothing or backpacks
• Regularly wash your bed sheets
• Use skin care products that contain salicylic acid (an active ingredient that helps fight acne)
How do you get rid of back acne?
• Use body care products according to your skin to treat back acne. (Complete your Be-U Cosmetic body diagnosis in order to receive your range of personalized body products adapted to your skin.)
• If you have scars caused by acne on your back, apply aloe vera gel to help diminish its appearance.
• Adapt a simple skin routine according to your skin type and concerns. Avoid using too many products at the same time.
Here is a simple, but effective 3-step routine we suggest :
If back acne is a problem that concerns you, we invite you to complete your skin diagnosis for the body in order to receive your skincare products personalized to your skin type and your concerns.