How to get rid of maskne?
The pandemic has changed a lot of things in everyone’s daily life. Wearing a mask is now part of our daily life to contribute to the protection of all those around us. However, wearing a mask for a long period of time can cause skin reactions for some people.
Maskne, what is it?
It is the combination of the words “mask” and “acne”, this term was created by dermatologists to describe skin problems caused by wearing a mask. This type of acne is caused by the moisture, friction and heat trapped in the mask.
Maskne is retentional acne caused by clogged pores. Wearing a mask for a long time can also lead to dry skin as well as skin irritation and redness.
How to prevent these skin problems?
Only wear the mask when you are surrounded by people, so when you are alone, let your skin breathe a little, your skin will thank you for it! If you are wearing a reusable mask, it is very important to clean it after each use to eliminate bacteria that has built up during the day. Take care of your skin by cleansing your face twice a day with a gentle, hypoallergenic, natural cleanser suitable for your skin type. Remember to moisturize your skin with a cream after washing it.
Make sure to look for a humectant like hyaluronic acid that will help your skin retain moisture. In addition, apply a moisturizing night cream because your skin absorbs the active ingredients better during the night. The cell regenerating power of your skin is higher at night when you sleep!
Discover the personalized Be-U Cosmetics night cream formulated with hyaluronic acid, ceramides, jojoba oils and sweet almond oil.
Here is a routine we suggest to reduce maskne (to do 1-2 times a week):
1) Wash your face with the Be-U Cosmetics detoxifying bar made with activated charcoal for your face which will remove all the dirt and impurities accumulated in your skin during the day thank to its absorbing power of charcoal. This will make your skin clean and hydrated. Double cleanse if necessary.
2) Tone your skin with tonic water, like a rose water mist.
PS: do not rub but dab the product on the skin or use the Be-U Cosmetics quartz roller which will help your skin absorb the product better.
3) Hydrate your skin with the personalized Be-U Cosmetics serum formulated with vitamin C and hyaluronic acid to properly hydrate your skin. If you have pimples, you can indicate it in your skin diagnosis so that you can be offered a personalized serum for this purpose.
- Apply the personalized Be-U Cosmetics night cream for an extra hydration and care.
Extra tips to avoid maskne:
- If you wear makeup, be sure to use non-comedogenic products.
- Avoid wearing makeup if you have to wear the mask for long periods of time.
- Change your mask every 4 hours if possible.
If acne is a problem that concerns you, we invite you to complete your skin diagnosis on Be-U to discover your personalized face routine according to your skin concerns, made just for you.